CALLING ALL ARTISTS: Submit Music To THE PLEDGE MIXTAPE!
The Black Youth Project (BYP) and Power of Purpose, Inc. (POP) are joining forces to provide a platform for those who would like to use hip-hop as a tool.
We are requesting artists to submit their best song for our Back to School The Pledge Mixtape, which will be a 13 song CD comprised of songs from various local artists taking back their communal power through music. This CD is being distributed at the same time that the BYP is launching their Pledge Campaign—see below. 5,000 copies of The Pledge Mixtape will be pressed and distributed around the city.
See below for details:
Rewards for the Selected Artists
- Your song will be featured alongside many recognized artists including Grammy-Award winning rapper Rhymefest, Mikkey Halsted, K. Fox and others.
- You will be exposed to a social media network that includes over 300,000 people.
- The Mixtape will be featured and rated in local and national media outlets.
Submitting Your Song
- Please refrain from using explicit lyrics that glorify violence & criminal behavior.
- Remember your audience is comprised of 12 – 21 year olds.
- All songs should be no longer 3:30
- Your song should be a critique and analysis of your experience and community
- Your song should be submitted to email@example.com by Friday, July 27th at 11:59 p.m. and include the song title, your real name, artist name & your phone number.
- In response to the intensifying crisis faced by black youth, the BYP is launching a campaign called, “The Pledge”. With “The Pledge”, we are asking individuals and organizations to close ranks around black youth and to make a commitment to take action and fight with black youth as they confront a relentless crisis
With courage and urgency I PLEDGE TO take action and work with Black Youth
to fight against the inequality and injustice that too often define our world.
By taking this pledge I agree to take action
to ensure a promising future for Black Youth